Last night’s meal was not anything fancy, but it sure was tasty. Oven roasted chicken, parmesan mashed potatoes and green beans. Here is the recipe – perfect for those evenings when you don’t feel like cooking, but are too hungry for cereal.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Take one large chicken breast and cut in in half (which makes the perfect portion size for us).
- Then I covered both sides of chicken with rotisserie seasoning.
- While working on this, heat 1 Tbs oil in a oven proof skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet, allow one side to brown (2- 3 minutes), then flip.
- Brown the other side and then place skillet (and chicken) in the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees.
While chicken is cooking, work on the side dishes
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Boil on the stove until soft.
- Drain, add milk, cream cheese and 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency.
And I just heated up some canned green beans (french cut) to keep it simple, you certainly could pair this with any vegetable or salad that fit your tastes.
So, the whole meal took about 40 minutes to prepare and cook, but it certainly wasn’t an intense time of prep work.